About the Victorian Association for Dispute Resolution.
The Victorian Association for Dispute Resolution (VADR) is a not-for profit organisation which was established in 1986. VADR's aims include:
- Promoting mediation and other forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Encouraging and providing for the exchange of ideas and experience in mediation and other forms of ADR
- Co-operating with other ADR organisations and teaching institutions
- Providing a range of related member services, activities and benefits
VADR embraces a range of dispute resolution methods such as Negotiation, Facilitation, Mediation, Conciliation and Arbitration.
These approaches are:
- Alternatives to taking matters to court
- Conducted by a person trained in the method they are using
- Conducive to the participants contributing to the resolutions
VADR provides an accessible, equal meeting point for Members with all levels of training and involvement in ADR.
VADR actively encourages debate, education, training, research and professional best practice in ADR at all levels.
PRESIDENT'S REPORT 2015
Click here to obtain a copy of the 2015 President's report.
SOFIE GEORGALIS AND KATIE BATES
THURSDAY, 2 JUNE 2016
SEXUAL HARASSMENT DISPUTES – NOT JUST A PERSONAL MATTER
Click here for more details on this and other upcoming events.
NMAS APPROVAL AND PRACTICE STANDARDS
These standards which apply from 1 July 2015 need to be read thoroughly before applying for national accreditation.
Click here to download a PDF file of the NMAS Approval and Practice Standards 1 July 2015.
PERSONAL INDEMNITY INSURANCE
Joined VADR? Need personal indemnity insurance as an accredited mediator? Go to our members area to take advantage of a special offer.
[Top of Page]